Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fall is in the Air

Happy Almost Fall to you all.

Today I thought I would share with you a card that reflects the changing weather here in Northglenn, Colorado. Yes, the balmy days of summer are drawing to a close and there is a definite chill in the air that signals the change in seasons. Today's cold winds and rain have replaced the warm, sunny weather we had this weekend and the temperature has dropped about 30 degrees. Can you say Brrrr!
We took a trip up into the mountains last weekend and the leaves were already beginning to change to the tell tale yellows and russets of autumn. The trees in our front yard are a little slower to change, but I did notice a couple of yellow leaves this morning, so Fall is definitely making its presence known.
Now, I just love Stampin' Up's new In Colors and I just had to use three of them for this card as they are the perfect match for Fall: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango and Crushed Curry. I embossed the Crushed Curry cardstock using my Big Shot with the new textured impressions Folder, SU's Petals-a-Plenty that can be found in the new Holiday Mini Catalog. Now I am a huge fan of the textured impressions folders from Stampin' Up and the Petals-a-Plenty is fast becoming one of my favorites. It provides a wonderfully deep and crisp embossed image over the entire piece of Crushed Curry Cardstock in a manner of seconds with the help of the versatile Big Shot.
Using the maple leaf stamp from the Autumn Days stamp set (one of the newest additions to Stampin' Up's collection), I created my own patterned paper look on Whisper White cardstock with the Crushed Curry and Dusty Durango classic inks for that Fall leaf look.
With the holiday season creeping up on us, I thought that this would make a great Thanksgiving Card so I stamped the Happy Thanksgiving sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (another new addition) with Dusty Durango classic ink. I then punched it out with my large oval punch and framed it with Dusty Durango punched with the scalloped oval punch. To finish it off, I added the wonderful new Dusty Durango Polka Dot ribbon to tie it all together.
Hope you enjoy the card. Have a great day.
Stamping Smiles,
Tricia




Stamp Sets Used:
Autumn Days 115452
Price: $23.95 Set Quantity: 6
Teeny Tiny Wishes 115370
Price: $36.95 Set Quantity: 24
Cardstock: Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Ink: Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry

Accessories: Big Shot, SU Petals A Plenty Textured Impressions Folder, Dusty Durango Polka Dot Ribbon, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, mini glue dots, dimensionals












No comments:

Post a Comment