Monday, November 23, 2009

Giving Thanks

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I thought I would share a card that reflects how thankful I am for the many blessings I have in my life.  As the holidays approach it is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle and forget to be thankful for all the good things that we have in our lives. 


I love the warm colors of Fall.  They remind me of the warmth and love of family, especially during the holidays. I am thankful to have a wonderful husband and four beautiful children who make my life complete as well the family members who live far away but are always in our hearts.
This past weekend I had a wonderful time with some very special friends.  We stamped, created cards and gifts and most importantly, we spent time laughing and talking, catching up on what we have been doing in our busy lives. I am so thankful to be blessed with such wonderful friends and the chance to enjoy their company.

This card was created using one of my favorite techniques: heat embossing.  I just love the way the images appear like magic as the heat gun melts the embossing powder to create a beautiful, glossy sheen to the stamped image. Once again, I used my favorite in colors of Dusty Durango and Soft Suede for the cardstock as they are perfect for Thanksgiving. The background leaves are from the stamp set "Autumn Splendor" which can be found in the Stampin' Up Holiday Mini Catalog and the jumbo wheel "Bright Blessings" and they are stamped with versamark ink.  I used the clear embossing powder to create an understated tone on tone look to the card design. Heat the embossing powder with your heat gun to achieve that wonderful raised, shiny look to your stamped images. And there you have it. A quick and simple card to brighten someone's Thanksgiving.
I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day.

Stamping Hugs,
Tricia

Stamps Used:  Stampin' Up Autumn Days, Jumbo Wheel Bright Blessings
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Whisper White, Dusty Durango and Soft Suede Cardstock
Accessories: Versamark ink, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch





No comments:

Post a Comment