Monday, February 8, 2010

A Little Something for Someone Special

Yesterday I shared with you the Letter that I decorated for my Valentine's swap partner. Today I am going to share with you the other little goodies I added to her package to help her feel special for the big heart holiday.

I got the idea for the bookmark after visiting Madeline Morcelo's blog and viewing her tutorial for creating this cute corner bookmark here. In keeping with the Letter theme, I created a monogram for the bookmark using the Letter C from Stampin' Up's Jayne's Type Alphabet and gold embossing powder. The background was created using the Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel from the Occasions Mini Catalog.
I taught this bookmark at a class in January and it is one of my favorite projects to teach.



Now everyone knows that chocolate is as much a part of Valentine's Day as hearts and flowers are. So I created a simple little topper for a ziplock snack bag to give it a little taste of Valentines.
The topper is made from the Top Note die cut with the Big Shot from Real Red Cardstock.  It is decorated with hearts stamped with a stamp from the I (Heart) Hearts Stamp set in the Occasions Mini Catalog using Pretty in Pink Classic ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock. I then  punched the hearts out using the coordinating Heart to Heart punch.
The sentiment is from the stamp set Whimsical Words, which is one of the free Sale-a-bration sets available with a $50 purchase. It is stamped in Pretty in Pink Classic ink on a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock punched with the Curly Label Punch.  Fill the bag with chocolate and you have a pretty way to dress up a zip lock bag!

Last but by no means least, I created a Valentine's Card to send a short note to my partner.
I got the idea for this card from a wonderful demonstrator by the name of Dawn Griffith. The border is created using the new Pinking Hearts Border Punch on a scrap piece of cardstock to create a stencil. Using this technique you create the border for the top and bottom of the card by applying ink with a sponge dauber in Real Red Classic ink.  The hearts from the I (Heart) Hearts stamp set, were stamped with Pretty in Pink and Real Red ink, slightly off center to allow space for the sentiment, which is from the Whimsical Words stamp set stamped in Basic Black Classic ink.
So there you have it. Three pretty Valentine's gifts created from a few simple supplies that were a lot of fun to make.  The great thing is, anyone can make them and with a few simple changes of color, you can customize these gifts to suit anyone for any occasion. Contact me today and I will be happy to help you design your projects to suit your needs.

Until Next Time,
Stamping Hugs,
Tricia Butts

Supplies Used (All Stampin' Up):
Stamp Sets:
I (Heart) Hearts (found in the Occasions Mini Catalog)
Wood Mount #117010 $26.95   Clear Mount #118571 $18.95
Whimsical Words (Sale-a-bration free set)
Wood Mount #118386    Clear Mount #119119
Jayne's Type Alphabet #114401  $43.95
Circle Circus #115778  $28.95
Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel  #117693 $8.50
Cardstock: Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Versamark
Accessories:
Sizzix Big Shot, Sizzix Top Note Die, Sizzix Petal Card die, Trio Flower Punch, Round Tab Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, Curly Label Punch, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Heat Gun, Gold Embossing Powder.

Order Online 24/7 Here Just click Shop Now 





No comments:

Post a Comment