Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday Card Share: Lovely Rose Easel Card

Hello Everyone,
Can you believe it is Wednesday already? Time is flying by and I am running to catch up. So much to do, so little time.
Anyway, today I thought I would share with you one of my favorite cards.  This card is called an Easel Card and you can find directions on how to create the basic card here.
I made this card last month to share with you before Mother's Day but then life got in the way and I didn't get the chance.
I wanted to create a card that was classically elegant, so I chose to use the rose from the stamp set Fifth Avenue Floral. It coordinates perfectly with the Manhattan Rose Textured Impressions Embossing Folder that I used on the Very Vanilla cardstock layer.
The rose image was created by stamping with Whisper White Craft ink onto Whisper White cardstock and then applying white embossing powder to the image and heat embossing it with a heat gun. Next I used sponge daubers to apply color to the rose image starting with my lightest ink color, Pretty in Pink Classic ink. Once I had applied the ink to a majority of the rose, I then added So Saffron Classic ink to the rose in certain areas until I was happy with how it looked. Finally, I add my last color, Rose Red Classic lightly in certain areas of the rose to give the appearance of shadows and to create depth to the rose.
When I was satisfied with the color of my rose I cut it out with my Paper Snips and set it aside.
The base of my Easel card I created using Barely Banana cardstock, one of the core colors that is on the Last Chance Retirement List, and I added a layer of Pretty in Pink to provide a matte for the Very Vanilla cardstock that would have the main design of my card. Before applying the Very Vanilla cardstock to the Pretty in Pink, I took a piece of Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon (this ribbon can be found in the Summer Mini Catalog) and applied it to the lower part of the Very Vanilla cardstock.
Next, I used Dimensionals to add the colored rose image to the cardstock so that it slightly overlapped the Pretty in Pink satin ribbon.  The final embellishment for this section of the card is the large butterfly that was created using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit from Barely Banana cardstock. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to my butterfly using my Two Way Glue Pen to adhere it and then using my Paper Piercer, I poked a hole in the center of the butterfly and threaded a Clear Rhinestone Brad through the whole, folding the legs of the brad up behind the wings. I then used a Dimensional to adhere the butterfly to the Very Vanilla cardstock. The last step for this phase is to adhere the Very Vanilla cardstock to the Pretty in Pink cardstock on the base of the card.
For the inside of the card, I used another piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and I stamped the sentiment (from the stamp set Messages for Mom) in Rose Red Classic ink one third of the way down and then adhered it to the Barely Banana cardbase.
Next I took a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock and I used the Pinking Hearts Border Punch to create a border on one side. I then adhered this to the Very Vanilla cardstock so that the border was facing the top of the card.
The Wonderful Mother sentiment, from the Well Scripted stamp set, was stamped with Rose Red Classic ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then I punched it out with the Wide Oval Punch. Using Dimensionals I added the oval to the center of the Pretty in Pink cardstock just below the Pinking Hearts border. The final embellishments are two of the smaller butterflies cut with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit (this embosslit cuts and embosses 5 sweet butterflies at once. Isn't that amazing!)
So there you have it. A beautiful and classically elegant card that would be perfect as a birthday card for someone special, an anniversary card or even a wedding card. Just change to colors and the sentiment to suit the occasion.
I hope you have enjoyed today's card share. Don't forget to check out the Last Chance Lists and place your order before it's too late.
Until Next Time.
Stampin' Hugs,
Tricia Butts



No comments:

Post a Comment