Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Card Share - Wanted Birthday Card

Hi Everyone,
TGIF! It has been a long week for our family this week with this being the first full week of school. Plus there were a lot of changes for my son in his kindergarten class and to top it off it was HOT! I know that when the weather gets cold in a couple of months I am going to be wishing for some hot weather, but for right now, I am wishing it was more like Fall weather.
Today I wanted to share with you a birthday card that I created for my Dad. Now anyone that knows my Dad knows how much he loves his horses. So I knew instantly what stamp set I wanted to use. I love the Stampin' Up stamp set Wanted, but unfortunately it retired at the end of the last catalog as well as the small star punch, boo hoo!
I love the way you can use the horse stamp to create the feeling of motion and the repeat stamping without reinking the stamp gives that variation in color of the 3 horses that I just love.
The background was a piece of patterned paper that I had from when I first started paper crafting and it fit perfectly for this card. The Birthday Wishes stamp is from Stampin' Up's Level 3 Hostess Set, Occasional Quotes, and I just love this stamp set. It has such a wonderful variety of sentiments and quotes that I find myself reaching for it over and over again.
I hope you have enjoyed today's card share and hope it inspires you to get out your stamps and create something today.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts

No comments:

Post a Comment