Monday, December 6, 2010

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all enjoying the Holiday Season and finding time to be creative. I love creating Holiday projects, whether they are Christmas cards, scrapbook pages or gifts for family, friends and my children's teachers.
Unfortunately, my children have been caught up in a vicious cycle of catching all the various illnesses in the past two weeks which has made it difficult for me to find any crafting time. I hate it when my children are sick and miserable and I am really hoping this week we have turned the corner and can all get healthy again.
My Holiday Card Share for today features two cards using the same layout, colors and stamp set.  The new stamp set Jolly Bingo Bits currently available in the Holiday Mini Catalog and it contains 24 different stamp images to help you not only with your Holiday crafts but also your projects throughout the year.
This was one of the cards we created at last month's Holiday card class and everyone loved that they could create their own unique version of this card, simply by varying the stamped images they used. This is a great card for making a large quantity of cards while still providing a unique feel to each card.
The card base is made from Very Vanilla cardstock and the layers are Cherry Cobbler cardstock and Chocolate Chip cardstock. I stamped the gingerbread men images onto Very Vanilla cardstock with Soft Suede Classic ink and then punched them out using my 1" Circle punch. I matted two of the gingerbread men with 1 1/4" circles punched from Old Olive cardstock using my 1 1/4" Circle Punch and then punched one more 1 1/4" circle from Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the remaining gingerbread man.
I punched the bottom of the Cherry Cobbler layer using the Eyelet Border Punch and I embossed the Chocolate Chip layer using my Big Shot and the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder for a little added texture.
As you know, every Christmas card deserves a little bling, and for this card design I used the Clear Tinsel Trim (available in the Holiday Mini Catalog) to add that special holiday touch.
For the finishing touch, I stamped Happy Holidays from the stamp set, Four the Holidays (item #116921 price $13.95) as my sentiment across the bottom of the card.

This second card shows that I stamped the cute reindeer image in Chocolate Chip Classic ink and I used the Silver Tinsel Trim this time to add the sparkle. The Season's Greetings sentiment is also from the Four the Holidays stamp set stamped with Cherry Cobbler Classic ink.
As you can see, this is a very simple card to make but it makes a wonderful card design to give friends and family this holiday season. By varying the stamped images and even the colors that you use, you can make each card a unique work of art that will have you creating cards all through the year.
I hope you have enjoyed today's Holiday Card Share, and I hope it will inspire you to create your own creations for the Holidays and beyond.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts

Supplies Used:
Stamp sets: Holly Jolly Bits available in Clear Mount Item # 121187 price $26.95 or
Wood Mount Item #120857 Price $37.95  Set of 24 Stamps
Four the Holidays (available in Wood Mount Only) Item #116921 Price $13.95
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Inks: Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip and Cherry Cobbler Classic inks
Accessories: 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Silver Tinsel Trim, Clear Tinsel Trim, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals.



No comments:

Post a Comment